Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Serenity Homecare Ltd, Quayside Tower, Corporate Centre 5.02, 252 – 260 Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2HF.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Mr Rajinder Jassal.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you including (but not exclusively):
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site Serenity Homecare Ltd (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting a complaint, reporting a repair or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- largely anonymous details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- anonymous research by Serenity Homecare Ltd to assist in the improvement of services and development of new ones, although you do not have to respond to them.
- personal details about you, such as contact details and health information.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To plan services;
- To pass information to you regarding related services from within the Serenity Health & Social Care Group Ltd of companies
- For uses ancillary to the provision of services to you
We may also use your data to provide you with information, primarily by post (although possibly by email), about services which may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose necessary personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Serenity Homecare Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other useful websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.